Embed this LifeMap on your site:
How To Get The Most From This LifeMap
Why Was This Map Created?
Because it's pretty great to not only know what the most perfect day of your life looks like, but it's even better to capture it, so you can review/relive it daily, with the intention that doing so will inspire you to act in a way that will eventually lead you to making your perfect day a reality!
How To Use The Various Elements Of The Map
- STEP 1: Imagine What Your Perfect Day Looks Like - These 16 idea-starters help you to define the various characteristics of your perfect day. It’s essential that when you write down the characteristics of your perfect day, you focus on details (numbers, sizes, colors, etc.) and descriptions that are emotionally compelling!
- STEP 2: Create Your Script - This is an example of how to write a script that describes your perfect day. It should be filled with details and emotional compelling descriptions, but it should be kept simple.
- STEP 3: Live It Daily - To really connect with the idea of your perfect day, you need to review your script daily - for no more than a few minutes a day. You should not just read the words, but experience all the elements of your day - see it clearly and feel it emotionally.
Next Actions are practical suggestions for immediately putting this map to use:
- Review the 16 characteristics for creating your perfect day
- Create the script for your perfect day
- Print the script
- Hang the script somewhere visible
- Review (live) the script daily - seeing the details and feeling the emotions
- Create a video slideshow of the script (with pictures and music)
MAP CONTENT - Project: Create And Live Your Perfect DayEverything you would do, see, and experience if you could live your perfect day
1. IMAGINE WHAT YOUR PERFECT DAY LOOKS LIKEReview the following list and imagine what each aspect of your day looks like by answering the associated questions - be detailed and specific with your answers and make sure they emotionally excite you!
- Waking Up: What’s the time? What’s the first thing you see, hear, and smell?
- Your Location: Where do you live - the beach, mountains, country, or city?
- 1st Thing: What’s the very 1st thing you do after waking up?
- Breakfast: What’s the setting, what are you eating, who’s with you?
- Style & Dress: How have you decided to dress for today (clothes, shoes, accessories)?
- Your House: Describe the walls, furniture, layout, floors, windows, exterior
- Your Neighborhood: What does it look like - the houses, streets, trees, etc?
- Your Morning: How do you spend your morning - what activities and with whom?
- Lunch: What’s the setting, what are you eating, who’s with you?
- Your Afternoon: How do you spend your afternoon - what activities and with whom?
- Dinner: What’s the setting, what are you eating, who’s with you?
- Your Evening: How do you spend your evening - what activities and with whom?
- Friends: Who are your friends, what are they like - why do you like them?
- Free Time: Do you spend time relaxing/learning, where, and with whom?
- Going To Bed: Before bed, do you read to your kids, sit outside, or enjoy a movie?
2. CREATE YOUR SCRIPT
* Write It DownBegin with the following statement:
I love these things...
Follow that with a list of things I enjoy doing, including as many details as possible. For example:
I love these things:
- Waking up refreshed in the morning in Naples, Florida
- Seeing the early morning sunshine, hearing the chirping of the seagulls, and smelling the fresh ocean air
- Making a healthy breakfast of fresh fruit salad, toast, and a hot cup of black tea and enjoying it while talking with my wife
- And so on...
- Update it: Continue to improve your as the inspiration hits you
- Make a video: Using pictures and music, create a video slideshow of your script
3. LIVE IT DAILYEvery day, spend 3-5 minutes reviewing the script you created in Step 2.
- See It CLEARLY - Details, People, Colors, Sounds, Smells
- Feel It EMOTIONALLY - Happiness, Joy, Excitement, Fun, Contentment
“The best dreams happen when you’re awake.” - Unknown
Share Your Feedback Below
- What are some elements of your perfect day?
- What do you do to bring your perfect day to life?