Embed this LifeMap on your site:
How To Get The Most From This LifeMap
Why Was This Map Created?
If you can understand the force that drives human behavior (which is what this map reveals to you), you not only have the key for taking greater control over your own actions, but also the key that will allow you to have a greater positive influence on others. In other words, people are driven to act, based on what they value, and when you understand what makes something valuable (clarity and emotion), you have the ability to assign things value with intention - which is an incredibly powerful skill for achieving amazing things!
How To Use The Various Elements Of The Map
- Why It Matters - This section explains WHY understanding this law/principle is so important.
- Tools That Create Clarity And Emotion - Value - These are brief descriptions of the basic tools that are used to create value. If you wonder why you value something in particular, or would like to give more value to something important (like eating healthier) so that it affects your behavior, understanding these tools and how to use them is essential!
Next ActionsNext Actions are practical suggestions for immediately putting this map to use:
- Review the elements the map
- Think about the role that clarity and emotion have played in the actions you've taken today, or the significant goals you've achieved in the past - Do you take action on things that are foggy in your mind and that don't touch you emotionally at some level?
- Print the map
- Keep it somewhere visible
- Review it several days to get familiar with the ideas and strategies it contains
- Reference it when you need to influence your own behavior, or the behavior of others
MAP CONTENT - Clarity And Emotion Create ValueValue: Weight, importance, worth
WHY IT MATTERS
- It helps you understand what drives human behavior - People act on what they value, and what they value most are things that are the clearest and emotionally compelling to them:
Goals - A goal that is clear, specific, and emotionally compelling is a goal you will value. As a result, it will be a strong driving force behind your actions and decisions.
Communication - If what you say/write to others is clear, specific, and delivered with emotion (enthusiasm), your listeners/readers will give more value to it and will be more inclined to act on it.
Quality - People are attracted to, and give value to quality things , usually due to their attention to detail (clarity), as well as their ability to trigger strong emotions
- It puts you in control - When you can master the ability of conveying or giving value to something (goals, an idea, a product, and so on) through the use of clarity and emotion, you can not only control the direction of your own life, but influence the lives of others.
TOOLS THAT CREATE CLARITY AND EMOTION - VALUE
DETAILS / SPECIFICSWrite down what you want to be valuable in great detail. Describe it (what it looks/feels like, reasons why you want it, etc.) using specific words and phrases. Keep it simple - less is more when it comes to achieving clarity.
PICTURES / VIDEOSUse pictures and videos to not only enhance the clarity of the thing of value, but to trigger strong emotions related to it, such as fun, happiness, excitement, joy, satisfaction, contentment, comfort, and sense of accomplishment, and so on.
IMMERSIONRepeated, consistent exposure to the details, specifics, and emotions related to the thing of value will increase its value, giving it more power to influence your behavior.
- Give something value - Choose something that you want to be part of your life (a new habit, a character trait, a goal, etc.), then using the tools mentioned above, give it value!
- Pay attention - Start paying attention to the role that clarity (details, pictures, etc.) and emotion (humor, excitement, etc.) play in creating value and influencing the behavior of you and others.
Share Your Feedback Below
- How will you use this principle?
- What are some ways you've seen this law/principle proven true?
- Do you have any additional suggestions?