Embed this LifeMap on your site:
How To Get The Most From This LifeMap
Why Was This Map Created?Asking yourself a great question each morning can be a simple but effective exercise for focusing your thoughts and feelings in a way that produces positive results in your life.
How To Use The Various Elements Of The Map
- The Questions (directly below the name of each day) - Depending on the current day of the week, ask yourself the question shown with as much thought, feeling, honesty, and creativity, as you can. Practice doing this in the morning, before getting into the busy part of your day.
- The Thinking Guides (in the gray box below each question) - Below each main question is a gray box containing 'thinking guides' to help you gain the most value and benefit from answering it.
- The Tips/Suggestions (along the left side of the map) - Do more than give each question a passing glance... extract value from it by following these suggestions.
Next ActionsNext Actions are practical suggestions for immediately putting this map to use:
- Print the map
- Keep it for reference purposes
- Start your week by asking/answering the question for Monday
- Ask/Answer the appropriate question for the remaining days of the week - one question for each day
- Return to GetLifeMaps.com for additional Daily Power Questions as they are released, then rotate using a different set of questions each week
MAP CONTENT - Daily Power Questions - #1
What’s a specific way that I can be more generous with my time, energy, or resources today?
- What simple, small, and specific things can you do to add to the value of someone else’s life?
- Can you do something, give something away, pay for something?
- Think about doing something unexpected or anonymously - blow someone’s mind!
What valuable idea, tip, strategy, or lesson have I learned recently, and how do I plan on applying it?
- Have you recently learned something valuable from a book, experience, observation, conversation, or even a child?
- How can you use what you learned - in your mind, can you think of specific scenario where you can apply it?
What have I accomplished recently that I'm really proud of, and what thinking or behavior allowed me to accomplish it?
- Have you created something, finished a project, helped someone out, completed a task you’ve been putting off?
- What’s one identifiable thought or behavior that you feel helped to motivate you to accomplish what you did?
What makes me really happy, why does it make me happy, and how can I experience it more often?
- Think of a person, place, or experience that makes you happy
- Identify what specifically about it that makes you feel happy - does it make you laugh, does it teach you something, does it allow you to effect others’ lives?
- What can you do to experience it more often?
What’s amazing in my life, why is it amazing, and what made it possible?
- Are you amazed at who your kids have become, an obstacle you've overcome recently, or something going well in your life?
- Think about why it amazes you
- What did you do to make this amazing thing possible, and how can you use that insight again in your life?
- Spend 3-4 minutes thinking about your answer
- Speak or write down your answer
- Take action on any insights you discover
Share Your Feedback Below
- How do you think asking questions like this could impact your day?